During 2014, most of our class of 1962 will have their 70th Birthday and our class is collectively celebrating our “Welcome to the 70’s” by getting together to enjoy old (really old) friendships, count our blessings and remember classmates who are no longer with us. Our committee met in late May and early June to finalize the plans for our 2014 70th Birthday Celebration. Below is a summary of our plan and thoughts for the weekend:
BMHS Class of 1962 -- 70th Birthday Celebration/Reunion Plans
- Our "70th Birthday Celebration/Reunion" weekend is planned for Friday, August 22 through Sunday, August 24, 2014.
- The primary event of the weekend, our "70th Birthday Celebration", is the only event planned by the committee.We will not have a formal program or speeches since this is just a good old fashioned social occasion between our 50th and 55th reunions.Plans for this event are as follows:
- The event is scheduled for Saturday, August 23 and will be held at the Krueger Golf Course Clubhouse in Beloit.
- Appetizers will be available at 5:00 PM:
- Cheese/Sausage Tray w/crackers
- Veggie Tray (cauliflower, carrots, cucumber & tomatoes w/veggie dip)
- Sandwiches and chips will be available at 6:00 PM:
- Pulled Pork sandwiches
- Homemade Barbeque sandwiches
- Cold Turkey sandwiches
- The cost for the food will be $10 per person
- There will be a cash bar open the entire evening
- Birthday Cake will be available throughout the evening at no cost
Note: If you wish to eat something different than what is being provided by the committee, you have a few options available to you:
- You do not have to pay the $10 food cost
- There will be a Grill available at the clubhouse which provides a variety of food selections
- Of course, there are several restaurants in Beloit including a few new ones which you may find to your liking
- No formal events will be planned for Friday evening. A variety of activities in Beloit and the surrounding area are available and we encourage our classmates to attend the activities of your choice.
- Once again, we will reserve tables at the Road Dawg Restaurant for Sunday morning breakfast.
- Golf at Krueger's - 18 Holes: Mike will reserve tee times and co-ordinate foursomes for those that want to golf on Friday afternoon and/or Saturday morning.
Please make your checks payable to BMHS Class of 1962 and mail them to Marcia by August 2, 2014:
1608 St Lawrence Ave.
Beloit, WI 53511
Also, please register on our website for each of the events that you are planning to attend. We need an approximate number to make sure that we have the right amount of food for Saturday, a sufficient number of seats reserved for Sunday morning breakfast, and the correct number of tee times reserved for Friday and/or Saturday.